Homey local pub with an expansive backyard serving elevated comfort fare & creative cocktails.
The Black Horse has stood for over 300 years in the popular residential area of the Golden Triangle in Norwich. The beautiful red brick public house is a 5 minutes walk from the Roman Catholic Cathedral and 10 minutes from Upper St Giles.
It was built in 1714 and has traded under the name The Black Horse ever since.
The sprawling pub garden – now decorated with festoon lights above lots of tables, a patio area and outside sofas – was used as a bowling green during the Victorian and Edwardian era. Spot the old photographs and the moustached bowlers hanging in the pub!
In late 2015, owner and operator Rose Hanison did major renovation work and breathed much needed love and care back into the building.
As per all listings on Dog Friendly Norfolk, we accept well behaved dogs.